Why choose your own contractor?
Having a choice matters. As an APHW home warranty customer, you can:
- Get repairs completed on your schedule, by a contractor who’s available when you need them.
- Work with someone you know or comes recommended by someone you trust.
- Use a contractor who works for you, not the warranty company.
How APHW Claims work
We work with your chosen licensed contractor to get repairs done quickly and efficiently through our easy claims process.
- Online or Call: When a covered item needs repair, contact us for a claim number. Then choose the licensed contractor you prefer.
- Schedule: Once your licensed contractor diagnoses the problem, we work with them to determine coverage and complete repairs.
- Payment: We offer several fast payment options, including immediate payment over the phone directly to your contractor for covered repairs.
What our customers think
How do APHW customers feel about choosing their own contractor? The numbers speak for themselves.*
- 88% agree choosing their own licensed contractor is important
- 92% rate their preferred licensed contractor as “professional”
- 95% were happy with the work performed by their licensed contractor
*Source: 2022 APHW Satisfaction Survey
What if I don't know who to choose?
If you’re new to hiring contractors, we recommend you do some research, read reviews and seek recommendations from friends or family before making a selection.
You can also ask us – we may know of contractors other customers in your area have chosen.Choosing a licensed contractor
Stay prepared for the unexpected
Breakdowns happen. An APHW home warranty helps keep your home protected.
Not ready to buy? Get a quote.