You’ve made it through Thanksgiving, and hopefully gotten a head start on the rest of the year! Now here is Part 2, featuring a few more checklist items assembled by America’s Preferred Home Warranty (APHW) to help your holidays go more smoothly.
Dec. 1 – 8
- Gifts en Masse – You’ve got neighbors, coworkers, associates… so many people! This is where buying gifts in bulk, like holiday cookies or boxes of candles, can really come in handy. Show that you’re thinking of them without breaking the bank!
- Menu Planning – This helps to organize what you have vs. what you need to get, as well as what can be cooked the night before vs. what needs to be made that day. Did you know most potato dishes can be made a day early?
- Review Your Décor – Every year there’s something broken or missing hangers to go buy. Save yourself some grief and look through your decorations now, so you don’t have a last-minute trip to make.
Dec. 9 – 15
- Clean (Part of Your) House - You might as well break down the cleaning schedule into manageable tasks. Clean the less-used rooms in this go-around, such as guest rooms, to get started.
- Distribute the Décor – Did you know that live greenery lasts longer outside than indoors? You can put it up earlier and it will still look beautiful at your holiday party. Go ahead and do your indoor decorations too, though you may want to put any indoor live greenery out closer to your event. Don’t forget to doublecheck your electrical connections for safety!
- Finish Your Philanthropy – AKA, finish up your gift shopping and get the rest of those presents wrapped. You have enough to do the day of your event without having to worry about last minute wrapping and the mess it leaves behind. This also allows you to ship mailed gifts early enough to arrive for Christmas.
- Create a Playlist – Whether your event is a block party or a quiet holiday dinner with family, set the mood with the perfect playlist, so you can have it queued up and ready to go on the big day.
Check back for Part III! And call 888.351.3681 or visit APHW.COM today for more information about how an APHW home warranty can help you prepare for unexpected expenses.