After hearing the term “home warranty” mentioned when people discuss homeownership, you may be left wondering, “What does a home warranty do?” We’ve got the breakdown you need to learn about the benefits of a home warranty and how it differs from other homeowner policies.
What is a home warranty good for?
Living in a home means regular use of major home systems and appliances. When things break down due to normal wear and tear, a home warranty can help reduce the cost to repair or replace whichever part has failed. Paying for a home warranty ahead of time can save you hundreds (or even thousands!) in the long run.
APHW’s home warranty ratings and features
America’s Preferred Home Warranty (APHW) works hard to provide comprehensive customer service, whether you’re curious about home warranties, or a major system or appliance in your home has failed. APHW’s home warranty ratings and features are here to help you in a pinch and help you speedily get things back on track.
Ratings and recognition
With decades in business, we continue to innovate and elevate how we put our homeowners first. Here are just some of the organizations who have recognized the level of thoughtful experience we bring to you:
- Our Choose Your Own Licensed Contractor Program, which lets you select any licensed and insured contractor to make repairs on your schedule
- Customer service support 24/7/365 in English and Spanish, as well as a connection to several other languages
What is the purpose of homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance and home warranty are terms that are sometimes used interchangeably, but they work differently for your homes. Here are the distinct ways they help you get back to normal life after a crisis:
- Homeowners insurance is essentially hazard insurance—it covers damages to your property as a result of external forces, such as flooding and fire.
- A home warranty is a home service contract—it offers coverage for failures of your major home systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear.
- Neither replaces the other, but they can work well together, as shown in this guide.
Where do I find my home warranty information?
Explore our home warranty pricing guide to find information on which plan may be the best fit for you. When you choose a home warranty, it’s important to thoroughly read and understand the details first. Reading the terms and conditions will provide crucial information to your decision-making process, which will create a better understanding of what to expect from the coverage you choose. To speak to a person, call 866.521.1388 or contact your real estate professionals for a copy of the America's Preferred Home Warranty brochure .pdf today!